Amazon

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Just Heard A Funny Joke (Part 1/1)

[For previous blogs please visit “blog archive” to the lower left of this screen. Click on the small black arrows for a drop down list of earlier blogs.]

I just heard a very funny joke. Here goes. (So bad at telling jokes. Bear with me.)

Jesus, Ghandi, Dr. King, and Mother Teresa walked into a bar. Oh, wait. Heh heh heh. That can’t be right. Let me start over. I’m so terrible at telling jokes.

Okay. Jesus, Ghandi, Dr. King, and Mother Teresa walked into a¬––uh––let’s see. Oh, I know, a park. Okay.

Jesus, Gandhi, Dr. King, and Mother Teresa walked into a park. They saw a multitude of colorful people enjoying themselves at the bar––I mean park. By “colorful” I don't mean they wore fun brightly colored garments. No, I mean they were people from diverse races. Suddenly, men in black karate style clothing and black hoods entered the bar––damn it, I mean park––and started rounding up all the people. Jesus, Ghandi, Dr. King, and Mother Teresa were rounded up along with the others. When they asked why they were being arrested they were told to show their citizenship documentation. Jesus wasn’t a citizen nor was Ghandi or Mother Teresa (she claimed she was actually Albanian with Indian citizenship). Dr. King was a citizen but wasn’t in the habit of carrying his documentation around because, well, you know, he was Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

All the people were taken to jail, processed, placed on buses--and sent back to Mexico where they came from. Funny, because I didn't know Jesus, Ghandi, Dr. King, and Mother Teresa were originally from Mexico but they were suspiciously brown so I guess they must have been. Off they went. Whatever. When The Buddha heard of their plight, he formed a posse and found the four friends somewhere in Baja California. They are now all residing peacefully in an undisclosed location.

Gee, I guess this wasn’t as funny as I thought it was. Like I said, I’m terrible at telling jokes. Did I mention the bar—damn—park was in Arizona? Does that make it funnier? No, I guess not.

www.sharonstrawhandgarner.com

Each week in this spot I will report an instance of good customer service (if any) but without embellishment. Just a business that knows how to treat customers.

This week I received excellent customer service from:
N/A

[No part of this content may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted by any means without the written permission of the author.]